Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Turtle Tuesday: Travel Advisory


It's Turtle Tuesday and B, the Traveling Turtle has a personal story to share.
Just minutes before my son Justin shipped off to Marine Boot Camp in June, I said, " I have some advice for you."  With those words, Justin gave me a look of dread. He knew a Mom speech was coming!. Most Moms are gifted in advice stuff when it comes to our children. I am no different. The funny thing was I had no idea what I was going to say!  Then, these words came out of my mouth, "Ask God to be your strength." Justin gave me a puzzled look. "Is that it?" he asked. Yep, that was it. 
Six wise words.
This morning we had another send off moment with Justin. My husband and I cried as he left for Marine Combat Training. I didn't have it together to be able to speak words so I texted my reminder advice through tears as Justin made his way through airport security.
Today B, the Traveling Turtle is modeling a wise traveler. She is taking her own advice as a 'carry on' through this journey. I don't know where you are in your travels or what baggage may be weighing you down, but consider a 'carry on' instead. It truly can be life changing.
B's Travel Advisory:
Don't try to to pull yourself up by your boot straps. ASK God to be your strength.
So do fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
B His Girl

1 comment:

  1. When you kick off a major landscaping project, Play Bazaarit is an excellent idea to commit your goals and plans to paper. Landscaping is a slow process, and making notes to refer to later will help you preserve your original intention. Your notes will also provide a handy reference in case you need to identify a plant later and provide it with proper care.<a href="http://www.sattasatta.net”>Satta King</a>

    ReplyDelete