Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Turtle Tuesdays: The Landing Strip

Welcome to Turtle Tuesdays. Each week, I feature a turtle from my collection and share her story. Sometimes we stay on the surface of the water; other times we go deeper. I totally have fun with this! I hope you do too.

Houston, the turtle has landed on 'a wing and a prayer' 4 u!

Meet B, the 'wide awake' turtle. (Yes, her lashes are real. They just look painted on :) She is in the 'no snoozing' zone today, where it all started. The Garden. It is the beginning of her story and yours.

Last week 'The Strong Tower' had B praying all over the bloggy garden. She is keeping watch on this Turtle Tuesday post, leaving 'a prayer 4 u'. Receive, believe, and Agree. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16

O Lord, You are the One we look to. Our eyes are on you, the One True God. The Everlasting God. You sit enthroned above the circle of the earth and you see us. Each one of us. We know you in part, but you know us fully. You knew we would fall in the garden and hide in our shame. But you had a plan to cover our sin and wash away our filth. You loved us first. Thank you Jesus for shedding your blood for us, allowing us to have a relationship with you. May we cherish that privilege every day.

Lord, B wants to lift the bloggy world up to you. Like Martha, we are often worried and upset about many things, often forgetting to chose the best thing...YOU. I pray that we focus on YOU; sit at your feet today and gaze at you. Gaze. Just B. B yours. You have good plans for each of us and our future is full of hope. Your eyes are looking for hearts perfect toward you so you can show yourself strong. Sometimes Lord, you do that in ways we wouldn't choose. Thank you Jesus for always knowing what is best and working all things for good. Our prayer Lord is that others would see you in us. I ask for the bloggy world to reach many on the www who do not know you. I pray you would direct lost turtles to our blogs so they can find the Way. Inspire our blogs with your words and our hearts to reflect yours. Like John the Baptist, use our blogs to point to you Jesus.

May we post lots of praise, thanks, and comments to you Lord today. I pray our greatest desire is to please and honor you. Help us not to look at the blog beside us and measure our worth according to their gifts and talents. May each of us grow what we have been given and use it for your glory. Let us not get carried away by followers and comments, but be reminded of our call. Our call is to follow you.

I pray especially for those in a difficult season. He is with you. I pray for healing for our bloggy sisters Deedee and Sheryl. Also for those I don't know. You know them Lord. You love them all.

Jesus, our hope is in you. B hears the alarm going off. May the whole wide world's eyes be awake to who you are. Pray continually bloggers. You know the saying, you snooze, you lose. This is your watch too.
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

B His Girl

18 comments:

  1. I'll add my Amen, B! Each of us in the bloggy world have a circle of influence. I am amazed at the countries represented by those who were "searching" for one thing and landed in a place they didn't expect! May it all be for HIS glory and honor.
    Melanie@Bella~Mella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, B!! We have a great privilege to be praying for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B it is such a blessing for us when we can pray for others some of which we have never meet. In Matthew 18:19 it states that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask,it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this prayer B. You are such a blessing to me.

    The other day you left a comment on my blog about followers and I thought "Wow, I do? I do." Then I prayed about my content.

    I hadn't really even thought much about it. Yes I do get excited when someone leaves me a comment or decides to follow my blog. It's like getting a new friend. But I often wonder why they would want to read what I'm writing, and what made them decide to visit me. It's humbling because the truth is, it is only by the Grace of God and I know it.

    What's really funny is that I always refer to this as a little blogging community of Christian women. World wide is little isn't it? And I know it's not all Christian women, but I sure have met some great ones here. Like you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, and amen to your prayer B. The Scripture you prayed is so encouraging! May my deepest desire be to please and honor Him!

    And I love *wide awake* turtle's eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow B. Such a wonderful post. Yes we need to use this gift to spread the word of God and bring others to Him. I know that Blogging has made a difference in my life, now I pray that it can do the same for others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. I'm echoing my amen!

    I'm so glad God chose to connect our hearts.

    Love,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm there with Edie! You are an inspiration and I totally love your turtle posts.

    I love the light that shines through you when you post or comment on someone else's posts. That light is Jesus Christ, and He is so transparent in your words. Thank you for allowing the Spirit of God to live in you and direct you and guide you, because it's through Him, that you bless us!

    Thank you and big (((hugs)))!!!

    Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome time we live in that we can have this community with each other--and use the computer for His glory.

    Thanks, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen! That was awesome and very much needed. You are a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful prayer today B. I agree, Amen!!
    And, I love how you put into words, We know Him in part but He knows us fully. Just awesome.
    We are finally well!!!! Praise Him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen, my friend. Thank you for your heartfelt prayer. You are a tremendous blessing in the blogosphere, B! And I'm continually amazed at the relationships developed through blogging.

    Blessings to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these reminders, B! B-utiful prayer. Love B's picture...the lashes are so glam.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! what a pecious prayer, my heart echoes it! It's my fist time visiting, (((( and it is way past my bedtime , lol :O))) but I hope to revisit soon.

    Blessings.
    In Him,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the prayer. I too ask God to use our blogging "talents" to glorify Him and get the Good News out to the www.

    ReplyDelete
  16. B- I have a verse for you. I hope it means something


    Isaiah 31:4-5
    This is what the Lord says to me:
    "As a lion growls, a great lion over his prey- and though a whole band of shepherds is called together against him, he is not frightened by their shouts or disturbed by their clamor- so the Lord Almighty will come down to do battle on Mount Zion and on its heights. 5 Like birds hovering overhead, the Lord Almighty will shield Jerusalem; he will shield it and deliver it, he will 'pass over' it and will rescue it."

    Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  17. B--just stopping by to say hi. praying you're having a b-lessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello B, I found you through the very precious soul, Lora. I am not sure if I've visited with you before. You seem very familiar to me or perhaps it's just that we so love the same GOD, the one and only true GOD.

    I stand in agreement with what you wrote and I (being one in need of healing right now), appreciate your prayers. I too believe it's important for us to pray for those we know and those we don't know. Amen!

    Your turtles are adorable. I look forward to visiting again to see/read all the nuggets the Lord gives to you to bless others. May that same blessing be poured back into you double.

    God bless you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete