Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Turtle Tuesday: Part 2 Growing Up to B His Girl

Not to worry, this is the B log. You were probably expecting B, the turtle but sometimes the UNEXPECTED happens! Something out of the wild blue yonder! B shares that kind of thing today in a fluffy tale about Growing Up To B His Girl.

It was raining cats and dogs that day as B, the turtle, finished her errands and returned to work. Trying to avoid getting soaked, B positioned her box over her head and dashed up the steps for cover. When she reached the door, B saw she was not the only creature seeking shelter from the rain. Rocky, the squirrel was hanging out there also. He was startled by B's appearance and began to run nervously back and forth in front of B. He clearly did not know what to do in a moment like this. B did not either. What if Rocky climbed her leg like a tree? The thought of him scampering up B's leg sent her into a complete tizzy! Jumping up and down, screaming to the top of her lungs, is not typical type B behavior. However, her coworkers thought it was very entertaining.

After B recovered from her 'incident,' she continued her work. By the afternoon, the rain stopped and B was preparing for an after school program for little turtles. A coworker had informed B earlier in the week of a sermon he downloaded. As soon as I heard it he said, "I KNEW it was a message for you B." Hmmm. A message especially for B. Really? B had forgotten all about his words until he asked if he could play the message while B was waiting for the little turtles. She questioned in her mind if this message was REALLY for her. (B can b a little skeptical at times.) Sometimes she forgets God is not in a box like her.

B listened closely as the sermon played over the speakers throughout the office. The message was by a well known pastor, speaker, and author. He said his message was for dreamers. So far, so good. B qualified as a dreamer, more than she dared to reveal. The passage was Ex. 14:13-15
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still,
and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the
Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for
ever.
14 The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
15 And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me?
speak unto the
children of Israel, that they go forward:


The pastor talked about the challenge of moving forward in your journey despite all the obstacles ahead. B had glimpses of mountains already on her path. She knew there would be many things and even people who would discourage her along the way. Then, out of the blue, came these words out of the pastor's mouth.

"I have a word for you today from the Lord. If you will keep moving forward.....God's getting ready to ROCK YOUR WORLD SQUIRREL!"

B's eyes grew big. Her coworker came into the room with her mouth hanging open. She witnessed B's out of the blue moment. Yes, this well known pastor said "ROCK YOUR WORLD SQUIRREL". He really said "SQUIRREL!" This was a WORD for B. She knew exactly what the Lord was saying to her.

B's story, 'Growing Up to B His Girl' is about Walking by Faith. She is feeling a little motion sickness now as she types this for you. His hand is on baby b's cradle and the ROCKING has begun. It' time.

B His Girl

P.S. Notice the 'fault' line in B's shell. It runs deep. The Lord is not put off by her imperfections. He will shine through them. Thank you Jesus. B loves you!

13 comments:

  1. You're rocking alright! I'm praying for you and believing for your biggest dreams and beyond to come true. You have a message. Go where God sends you. And I can't wait to meet you..

    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have no idea how much I needed to hear this today. My heart breaks again today with broken dreams, yet God speaks to me to just go forward and let him take care of all the details. Thank you! You bless my world:)

    Love and hugs (and tears)
    Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good word and I definitely needed to hear it. There are giants in the land but thankfully God has told me that I can face those giants with his help. I am glad that the squirrel did not decide that your leg was a tree. LOL!

    Love you girl!

    Wendi (Be Still Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came out of my bedroom where I lay across my bed and asked the Lord for a Word from Him today as I feel a little "heart-sick."
    The first thing I did after leaving my room was go to your blog and this is what I read!
    I think I got that Word.
    Thanks so much for sharing this today.
    Melanie@Bella~Mella

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post had such a message from God for me just now that I actually substituted my name in place of SQUIRREL!!! Then when I read the very bottom where is says 'walking by faith' I just about keeled over.
    My brand new journal that began yesterday [always a title that the LORD Himself gives me is:
    WALKING BY FAITH = Before the Lord

    Of course God would use you again to speak to me. I also collected 3 more very worn, torn and battered feathers today. I think God has been showing how tough the battle with our adversary has become. The words for this week are PERSEVERE with CONFIDENCE!

    Choosing JOY,
    Stephanie [aka SQUIRREL]!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful word...One of my favorite passages of scripture for sure. I love how the people can see God's salvation by standing still. That's another word that reminds me of you...B still.

    You definitely encourage others to move forward, B.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow B, I just love when God speaks so clearly like that. Dream big, He has great adventures for you.

    Of course you know there was a word in here for me too. There always is. He really uses you my friend. :)

    Rich blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remembering this day fondly! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another awesome turtle Tuesday (on Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I have God bumps reading this B. Isn't our God so amazing that He will tailor a messages and Words to our ears?

    Your story is great encouragement to me B. I praise Him for your rocking and the glorious outcome He will reveal.

    Rock on dear one, rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep gettting those messages too from all around me. I know he is trying to tell me something, I just have to figure out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What creativity the Lord has put in your hand/heart! What an enjoyable read! This is my first visit, and truly I smiled thru the whole thing!

    I love to visit people who enable my heart to be a little more childlike...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. DREAM LARGER THAN LIFE SISTER! I was and always am blessed in what you share. I was startled by the squirrel but the message blessed my heart fully :)

    I've missed ya. Haven't been online much lately but I pray all is well with you dear one. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete