Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Turtle Tuesday: The Circle

Meet B, the praying turtle. Would you believe B is still thinking about spots? As you can see, she's actually covered in them today. She also has a spot in the circle for you to join her heart in prayer.
Almighty God, You and you alone are the one true God. What would we do without you? To whom would we go? Thank you God that we don't really need to 'pond'er that thought today. You are with us.

Lord, sometimes storms come up in our lives. Big Storms. Darkness seems to engulf us. If we take our eyes off the storm, we see you standing before us. Your voice beckons us to come closer. Your desire Lord is for our eyes to be open, not closed in fear. Lord we are thankful this Turtle Tuesday that you Jesus are the Light of the World. Our storms never catch you by surprise. In you, we can find refuge and shelter. You are an ever present help in times of trouble. Jesus you said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 I am reminded today Jesus You Are the one who stilled the waters. You Are the one who shed His blood to wash away our sin. You Are the one we have placed our hope and trust in. You Are the GREAT I AM. Therefore, we declare You as our heart's resting spot. Thank you Jesus for saving a place for us in the circle. We love you.

B His Girl

6 comments:

  1. Amen!

    Isaiah 40:22 He [God] sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

    Is. 40:10-11 See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power, and his arm rules for him. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. 11 He tends his flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart, he gently leads those that have young.

    Is 40:28-31
    28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary,and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refuge and shelter Peace. Don't forget Peace. What a wonderful prayer. I have read it several times already and I am sure I will read it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Same theme - same station again, B. I know that 'B' was in my Inside Prayer Room tonight as women gathered there for prayer for a dear sister in Christ who is fighting for her life - to come back to the land of the living again. Please allow B to visit the Prayer Room at Shepherd's Walk.

    As B said - there is no other place we can turn - except to the Lord in prayer!

    We prayed Psalm 139 over our friend and
    Psalm 63:7-8
    7 Because You are my help,
    I sing in the shadow of Your wings.

    8 My soul clings to You;
    Your Right Hand upholds me.

    Those are might powerful wings and a strong right hand to be under and held by. None better!

    PRAYER is the theme of the week!Glad God still has us on the same page! Even if we don't talk or blog, or e-mail - God's spirit speaks and continues to work out His kingdom purposes through - Prayer!

    Choosing JOY,
    Stephanie
    [JESUS - The One I Worship]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi B...I saw your comment on the retreat blog and stopped in for a visit!

    I so enjoyed reading your posts, and I am leaving refreshed!

    Bless you...I look forward to a hug at the retreat!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. B,

    You never cease to touch the core of my heart in your sharing. I know it's the LORD that leads you...

    I stand in agreement with your prayer. Praise the Lord.

    Come on over to Sharing Life with Lisa I have something for you on today's post my beautiful sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A spot in the circle to join your heart in prayer - sweet! Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete